Rayon is a semi-synthetic fibre made from wood pulp or cellulose fibre. It was originally invented as a substitute for silk.
Rayon has some amazing qualities as a fabric : soft, lustrous, cool, and comfortable, it is perfectly suited to tropical climates. As it doesn't trap body heat, it is great for high-humidity environments.
Here are some tips to lengthen the life of your rayon garment:
- Do not machine wash or tumble dry. This may cause shrinking and/or bleeding of the material (although our products are pre-washed to minimise any further shrinkage)
- Rayon should be hand-washed in cold water with mild detergent, rinsed, and hung to dry.
- Avoid harsh wringing or twisting of the fabric when squeezing the water out prior to hanging.
- Iron on low heat to remove wrinkles. Iron the inside of the garment, as the surface that comes into contact with the iron may develop a slight sheen. Do not use steam when ironing.
- Alternatively, Rayon can be dry-cleaned.